Information for September 2021 Applicants
Applications to all our programmes are now open for September 2021. Please read the notes below carefully, and if you have any further questions, please drop us a note at email@example.com and we'll be happy to answer.
What you need to know:
- We are opening the September semester with face-to-face teaching, as far as global health and travel restrictions allow.
- The Czech Republic continues to welcome students from other EU countries as well as international students. Depending on which country you are coming from, the procedures to enter the territory vary. We are monitoring this closely and will provide you with up-to-date information as you are planning your travel to Prague, closer to the start of the semester.
- Your arrival may be delayed because of the visa application process, and/or because travel restrictions prevent your arrival in time for the start of the semester on 27 September.
If that is the case, you can still begin your programme with full participation guaranteed in our Digital Campus. Here, students are able to engage with classmates in Prague and around the world, and when they arrive at the University at a later date they will join them in person to continue their learning experience. Not only that, but after you arrive in Prague, the Digital Campus will continue to be a resource and place for study and connection.
- All students should expect some teaching and extra-curricular activities to be face-to-face, and some in the Digital Campus, where a fully immersive and interactive delivery will augment the overall experience.
What to expect from face-to-face teaching:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff. Social distancing, the use of masks, hand-sanitizer and regular cleaning of the facilities, amongst other measures, all contribute towards this. Thanks to our small class sizes and personal approach to teaching, group numbers can be easily limited, while still ensuring full participation in all classes.
What to expect from the Digital Campus:
Students can expect fully immersive teaching and learning inside the Digital Campus, using interactive and dynamic teaching strategies that highlight mentoring and our one-to-one approach to teaching, feedback, and scholarship. Students whose work has been completed in the Digital Campus have achieved excellent results, continuing to meet and even exceed their learning outcomes.
Student Equipment and Resource Requirements in the Digital and Hybrid Campuses
Next Steps in your application
- Decide which programme is the best fit for you. Our Admissions Advisors will work with you every step of the way with email and video calls, and our lecturers will do the same during the interview process.
- Complete the online application we will send to you, not forgetting to upload all the required documents.
Important: We do not require your documents to be legalized by the Czech authorities (known as nostrification) for our British degree programmes.
- Successfully pass the final interview with the Programme Leader of your chosen programme.
- Accept your Offer to Study.
- Confirm your place at Prague City University.
Examination Results and Confirming your place
We are aware that examinations have been postponed or cancelled in some countries and we are committed to working with students in these circumstances to ensure that admission (and if applicable, visa) requirements can be met.
All our Admission Deadlines can be found here: Admission Deadlines
We will work with students on an individual basis to determine if an extension can be permitted.
Starting your studies
Students who are accepted into their chosen programme can start their studies as planned on 27 September 2021, whether in Prague or abroad.
A series of welcome activities takes place during the week before the start of the semester, full of events designed to help you settle into life at Prague City University.
Want to know more?
During this time, we still want to provide you with opportunities to see our campus and meet our students. Visit our Open Days page to see upcoming events and access videos from our current students talking about their experiences of studying with us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!