Prague City University was established in 2004 as Prague College, offering a British university education in English in the heart of Europe. Over the years it came to embrace three Schools — Business, Art & Design, and Media & IT — and a wide spectrum of programmes at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, Professional and Foundation levels.
In 2020 we incorporated Akcent College, a Prague-based teacher training university that started in 2008. The programmes inherited from Akcent College now form the basis of our fourth school, the School of Education.
As of June 2021 Prague College and Akcent College have come together under the umbrella title of Prague City University.
Prague College will shortly be renamed Prague City University (UK) and continues to deliver our British-accredited programmes. Akcent College has already been renamed Prague City Vysoká Škola - Prague City University in English - and continues to deliver our Czech-accredited programmes.
Together we are Prague City University!
Six Pillars of the University
- Reproduction of knowledge: excellence in learning and teaching
- Production of knowledge: academic and industry-aligned research and creative practice
- Dissemination of knowledge, discussion, debate & implementation: creation of internally-organized and participation in externally-organized conferences, seminars, workshops, speaker series, exhibitions; publication of activities, including research, creative practice and enterprise/ community engagement in journals, books, websites, media & social media; real projects solving real problems through reproduction and production of knowledge
- Extending our disciplines of study: going deeper in our subjects, going further in our disciplines, adding more disciplines over time
- Enhancing student experience: PCU Plus and PCU Partner Plus, opportunities, wellbeing and support, adding value to your time at university
- Sustainability: guiding activities across the university; curricular & extra-curricular opportunities, campus, projects, research and knowledge transfer
Our mission is to provide outstanding opportunities both during studies and after graduation, based on our educational values and our approach to delivering an excellent educational experience.
- We offer a highly experiential approach to education and focus on ensuring the employability of our graduates.
- We are an interdisciplinary institution with both national and international engagement.
- We value teaching and learning linked to research activities that provide immediate relevance and experience for our students and lecturers.
- We are committed to supporting activities that help develop both local and international communities.
- We foster a diverse and dynamic learning environment that encourages innovation and helps spark the courage to pursue dreams.
- We are respectful of our role and responsibility as an institution of higher learning with a goal of being a regional centre of excellence and a university with global reach.
As we continue to grow, we are committed to achieving the highest levels of quality and excellence in learning, teaching, research and the entire experience of being at Prague City University.
- To be a leading regional university with global appeal, drawing faculty and students from around the world.
- To deliver excellence in education that is clearly defined and measured against educational values that are shared across the programmes, students, faculty members, employees, graduates and the wider community of the university.