Prague City University is a well-established private university with a 17-year tradition of delivering Czech and British university programmes at the Bachelor’s and Master’s level, as well as professional and foundation diplomas.
The position is suited for someone who is interested in both finance and accounting for an educational sector. She/he would lead or be part of a team and also interact with all other departments. The candidate should enjoy working with people (students and staff), as well as working with numbers.
The candidate should take pride in delivering highly competent services and having satisfied end-users in often challenging situations. She/he should be curious and actively consider how to engage with a constantly changing financial environment to improve the finance/administrative process.
The department consists of 2 people, along with external partners, and involves close interaction with students, Admissions Department and Student Services Department as well as coordination and cooperation with Senior management.
- Student invoicing and student support with their financial tasks
- Cash handling, cashiering, incl. preparation of documents for business trips, etc.
- Creating reports for cash flow from the revenue side
- Working with financial and school systems that link the various departments
- Entering income and expenditure documents into the accounting system (invoices, bank and receipts)
- Depending on the candidate's experience, preparing documents for external accountants or direct bookkeeping incl. Czech VAT and payroll
What we need:
- Positive approach to people / ability to communicate with students and colleagues
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Problem seeking and solving mindset
- Experience and knowledge of financial and accounting processes / ability to create and present relevant financial reports - accurate and well-developed skills in processing financial spreadsheets with attention to detail
- Knowledge of Czech financial/accounting/tax system
- Appropriate education or long working experience in financial/accounting area - at least a secondary school (with “maturita”), preferably in economics
- Appropriate level of English - B2 or higher
- Appropriate level of Czech - ideally native speaker or somebody who speaks well and is well oriented in the Czech system
Where can this position lead:
- Developing skills for financial analysis and reporting, including project reporting
- Delivering and cooperating on strategic development and budgeting across departments
- Providing data, analysis and insight for various decision making at the department, School and University level
What we offer:
- Friendly international environment
- Appropriate salary
- Possibility of occasional working from home and partially flexible working hours
- Bonuses: meal allowance, extra week of holiday, paid telephone, education and training opportunities