From 2011 to 2014 Ondřej designed visual campaigns for the NGO Automat, including ‘Do práce na kole’ (Bike to Work) and ‘Zažít město jinak’ (Different City Experience). He was responsible for the re-design of the Czech ethnological journal, Český Lid.
At Prague City University, Ondřej works with students on live projects focusing on local clients.
Professionally Ondřej focuses on book design and visual identities. Ondřej has collaborated with Czech publishers Slon, Akropolis and Albatros, and developed the visual style of the audiobook label Tympanum.
Ondřej studied Printing and Graphic Design at Prague Graphic School, and Cultural Studies and Ethnology at Charles University. Ondřej also has a BA in Graphic Design and an MA in Future Design from Teesside University.
BA (Hons), Teesside University
MA Future Design, Teesside University
2020 - 2023 — Associate Head of School / Prague City University
2018 – graphic designer / Albatros publishing house
2011 – 2023 - lecturer / Prague City University
2006 – graphic designer and producer / Akropolis publishing house
2016-2020 – head of the programme BA Graphic Design / Prague City University
2016-2017 – graphic designer / Institute of Ethnology, Czech Academy of Science
2006-2016 – art director / Tympanum publishing house
2010-2014 – graphic designer / Auto*Mat, society for sustainable cities
2012-2013 – graphic designer / Slon publishing house
2003-2007 – graphic designer / Bioscop, film distribution
1997-2006 – graphic designer / HQ Contact, ad agency
2000-2003 – graphic designer / Coolagent, tourist agency
2000-2002 – graphic designer / Moira, textiles
2001 – graphic designer / Muzeum hlavního města Prahy, Museum of City of Prague
1997-1999 – dtp operator / Aurora, publishing house
- 2021 - professional collaboration on the visual identity of the series "The Protector", produced by the Czech Television
- 2021 - graduate of the "Design Thinking method" workshop within the "New Generation of Founders", educational project from the "Grow With Google" programme
- 2021 - collaboration with studio Breisky on the visual identity for Klánovický Trh
- 2021 - participation in the public competition for the logo of the city Rožnov pod Radhoštem
- 2005—2021 - author of the graphic solutions for the edition of the literary-scientific titles, Akropolis publishing house
- 2020—2021 - supervision of the BA's thesis "Mobile Application Street Me" at the University of Creative Communication, Prague
- 2020 - author of the visual identity for the Šidla family scout unit
- 2018—2020 - author of the graphic solutions for the titles of the "Hajaja Vypravuje" edition, Albatros publishing house
- 2007—2020 - author of the graphic solutions for the edition of ethnology books by Kamila Skopova, Akropolis publishing house
- 2019 - completion and presentation of the concept for "Sberna" application, intended for sharing of residual materials
- 2019 - co-author of the workshop 'Research Informed Design', organised by o Designschule Munchen, Germany
- 2019 - author of the visual identity for the "What Is What If" exhibition, for Prague City University
- 2019 - participation in the public competition for the logo and visual identity for Prague 3 district
- 2019 - author of the visual identity for the independent puppet theatre "Žebřík"
- 2018—2019 - research for the concept for the application focused on the exchange of residual materials, within the environment of community of makers, craftsmen and DIY enthusiasts - part of the MA project
- 2018 - initial research and purpose results for the project of the exchange of residual materials, presented within the Makers Faire 2018, Prague
- 2018 - participation in a typography conference "Dynamic Font Day", Munich, Germany
- 2018 - author of the visual identity for the architecture studio "Prostor"
- 2018 - participation in a public competition for the logo of Liberec city
- 2017 - author of the variable visual identity for the Institute of Ethnology, Czech Academy of Science - not implemented
- 2017 - author of the visual identity for the festival "Žižkovská loutka"
- 2016 - author of the visual identity for the French Institute in Prague for the exhibition "Mixed Messages and Mixed Metaphors"
- 2016 - author of re-design for the magazine "Český Lid", Institute of Ethnology, Czech Academy of Science
- 2016 - member of the evaluation committee for the selection of the visual style of the Old-Catholic Church in the Czech Republic
- 2006—2016 - author of the visual style for the products of the Tympanum publishing house, author of the front pages for more than 200 titles
- 2003—2016 - author of the collection edition for the "Centre for the Study of Holocaust and Jewish Literature", within the Faculty of Philosophy, Charles University, published by the Akropolis publishing house
- 2015 - member of the evaluation committee in the public selection of the logo and visual identity for the Botanical Gardens, Prague
- 2010—2014 - author of the visual soltions for the public campaigns "Do práce na kole" and "Zažít město jinak", for the civic association "Automat"