Bohus has over fifteen years' teaching experience: as a guest lecturer he has taught at the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering at the Czech Technical University (ČVUT) and at the Film and TV School of the Academy of Performing Arts (FAMU) in Prague. He spent four years as assistant professor at Charles University in the Institute of Information Studies and Librarianship and participates in research activities conducted by the Institute of Intermedia.
Bohus Ziskal has a Master’s degree in Technical Cybernetics from the Faculty of Electrotechnical Engineering at the Czech Technical University, and holds a PhD in Information Science from Charles University's Faculty of Philosophy. He spent over eight years working for TV and film productions in both a creative and technical capacity, including positions as postproduction technician, graphics designer, SFX supervisor and Head of the Graphics Department. After several years in the non-profit sector (oriented towards the intersection of new technologies and art), Bohus has joined Visual Unity (formerly Visual Connection), the Czech leading system integrator in the field of professional digital multimedia. Since 2012 he has worked as an independent project manager and graphic designer, and writes articles for technical magazines. He collaborates with memory institutions like the National Museum, the National Film Archive or the National Library of Technology on research projects aimed at digital content management, presentation and preservation.
A 'renaissance man', Bohus has been involved in many artistic and technological projects including design for CD and LP covers, music videos and web pages; in the role of VJ he has collaborated with contemporary classical music ensembles, and he is also interested in poetry and neuroscience.
PhD, Charles University
MSc, Czech Technical University
Professional Activities (Selection):
- expert assistant teaching at FF UK Praha, VŠUP, FAMU, ČVUT FEL
- certified internal author ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- EgaLab – Electronic Gallery and Laborator, Culture2000, co-author
- ALTERNE – Alternative Realities in Networked Environments, IST, co-author
- OASIS – Open Archiving System with Internet Streaming, Culture2000, co-author
- AMA-NT – On-line archive of media art, CESNET, author
- CASPAR – Cultural, Artistic and Scientific knowledge for Preservation, Access and Retrieval, IST
- MINSTREL – international data-base of music material project, EU Culture
- ABEX society (Associated Broadcast Experts)
- IFJ (International Federation of Journalists)