Pascal teaches for the Creative Media Production programme. He has a degree in Cinema from the University of Sorbonne III, as well as DNAP (National Art Degree) and DNSAP (National Superior Art Degree) from the Academy of Art in Aix-en-Provence. He is a multimedia artist who specializes in developing interdisciplinary projects around the interaction between real and virtual environments.
Since 2002, he has been director of LIBAT - a French centre for new and emerging technologies; and in 2006 became Course Leader for Interactive Media at Prague College. Since 2007, Pascal has developed a series of in-situ workshops at Prague College, Meta.IDs – Interactive Digital Storytelling, proposing a collaborative experience, inviting artists, students and technological experts to work in an Interactive Media experimental and sensitive environment.
Pascal creates interactive 3D environments, experimental interfaces, intuitive navigation systems, shared 3D environments and communities, multimedia platforms distributed on the Internet, 2D and 3D animations, videos and robotic interactive sculptures.
Some of the various performances, installations and international network projects he has worked on over the past years include: Zona, Virtual Port-Saint-Louis, Virtual Palac Akropolis, e-Galab, e-Radnice, e-Agora, ETUDE, Underground City XXI, Underground Landscape, Tchouri, Polibek, Udoli.
- BA, University of Sorbonne
- DNAP, Ecole d'art d'Aix-en-provence
- DNSAP, Ecole d'art d'Aix-en-provence
2006 - 2023 - Prague City University - Principal Lecturer
2017 - 2023 – Director of the "Crime 3.0" department at "Perspective(s)", http://www.perspective-s.org/criminalistique/
2002 - 2023 - LIBAT (Laboratoire d’Hybridation des Arts et des Nouvelles Technologies) - founder and director
- 2019 - Orga[ni]sm, Interactive Virtual Reality installation at Prague Quadriennale PQ2019/36q, Prague, CZ
- 2018 - art director, "Perspective(s)" http://www.perspective-s.org/a-propos-de-perspectives/#notre%20%C3%A9quipe, managing projects like the reconstruction of the Grotte Cosquer (2020-2021) or many other ones in different connected fields, http://www.perspective-s.org/grotte-de-cosquer/
- 2018 - Vertigo, Interactive Virtual Reality installation at Pragovka, Prague, CZ
- 2017 – Interactive Virtual Reality installation and performance at festival Electric Spring in Huddersfield, England
- 2017 - 2021: Expertise in criminology using new technologies, re-creation of crime scene tweens using interactive 3D technologies, Virtual reality, Augmented Reality, XR hybrid principles, in partnership with the "LAC" laboratory (Fr) , Expert lab in morpho-analysis of blood traces, for multiples French justice needs, processes, trials and others
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 - Cyberspace - 10 days workshop inviting artists, students and lecturers from Fine Arts/Experimental Media or IT/Computing department to work in an Omni-directional VR/AR/XR/3D Research Laboratory. The main goal of the workshop is about to share and exchange the visions and know-how of the different participants and set up of an Exhibition of the Artworks created during the workshop at Prague City University
- 2016 - Modern Anxiety - 5 days workshop/exhibition of various technologies such as Virtual/Augmented Reality, 3D scans, electro-acoustic soundscapes, sensors and motors will converge with traditional techniques such as embroidery and sculpture, Skolska 28, Prague, CZ
- 2016 - Exhibition of Paintings at the French Institute, Prague, CZ
- 2016 - Audio reactive/3D/VR Performance, CYNETART Festival, Dresden, D
- 2014 - Art's Birthday 10th, Multimedia Performance, NOD, Prague, CZ
- 2013 - Vasarely Foundation 3D - Culture Heritage. The project is part of the call for proposals in 2012 for innovative digital cultural services, organised from the French Ministry of Culture and Communication.
- 2011 - Fractal City - 3D multi-users environment developed using Parametric and procedural architecture principles
- 2011 - Museum 3000, Presentation of Prototypes for an innovative approach of future Museography, Prague , CZ
- 2011- Perspective(s) - Interactive immersive 3D/XR installation
- 2009- 2011 - Underground City 3D/XXI - A European interdisciplinary platform, aiming to establish a specific cultural and art community, created as an online collaborative interdisciplinary network. Partners on the project, in addition to Prague City University (CZ), and Libat - Hybrid Lab for Arts New Technologies (France) and Labin Art Express (Croatia) and Nomad Theatre (Austria). The project received the support of the European Cultural Foundation (ECF) and the Culture program of the European Commission
- 2009-2011 - Lamparna for underground landscapes - Interactive installation, 3D game engine, infra-red tracking.
- 2009 - Underground Landscapes - Immersed simultaneously in multiple 3D cyber underground worlds projected in parallel
- 2009 - Army House of Culture / Triangular Propaganda, Interactive Audio/Video Theatre Performance, City Festival, City Theatre Festival of Legnica in Club Garnizonowy - Poland.
- 2008 - Polibek - Interactive installation using augmented latex mask with sensors, MIDI/OSC protocols, Audio-Video sequences and processing
- 2008 - Tchouri - Perforate a latex skin augmented by pressure and motion sensors with a knife
- 2008 - Udoli/The valley - A motion performance and a digital installation (NOD, Prague)
- 2006 - 2008 - META-ID-s - Interactive Digital Storytelling and Cyberspace, proposing a collaborative experience, inviting artists, students and technological experts to work in an Interactive Media experimental and sensitive environment
- 2005 - Virtual Prague City Hall - The goal of the project is to present functionality of alternative interfaces and to offer a vision for e-lnclusion and e-Government policies to include extended formats of interactivity into the process of information flow between individuals and various institutions
- 2004 - e-Agora - Performing Arts and virtual 3D environments, 3D game engines appointed by the European Commission a reference number CLT2004 A1/PA/CZ-170 in order to be realised within the CULTURE 2000 programme
- 2004 - Magma-ID Virtual Reality installation and multi-user 3D environment shared on the Internet. Skolska 28, Prague, CZ
- 2002 - 2003 - eGaLAB - European project Culture 2000
- 2000 - 2001 - Virtual Palac Akropolis - 3D environment shared on Internet, based on the architecture of the culture centre Palac Akropolis located in Prague, and designed by Frantisek Skala
- 2000 - Zone - Interactive installation which questions freedom, critical skills and relation between masters and slaves in contemporary society, using voice orders to possibly control mechanical behaviours in real space and digital interactions in virtual environments, EnterMultimediale, Prague, CZ.
- 2000 - Virtual PORT ST LOUS DU RHONE, Digital 3D interactive city inspired by the town of Port-saint-lous-du-Rhone, FR